Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's How I Imagine You.

You were always one for off-timing.
You were always one for being tardy. 
You never made an effort to be there...

And it's how I should've expected it. 

But for some reason I always vision that valiant knight-
riding on his white horse.
The one meant to sweep me off my feet at the perfect moment...
I imagine you'd slay the dragon as its jaws encase me and its fiery breath boils sores on my neck...
it's how I imagine you.

It's how I imagine you to look me in my eyes and
reassure me that I'll be alright. 
And with a sweet brief embrace 
you'd carry me off up the stone staircase 
and then carefully lay me in the bed 
and with your hard yet gentle hands...tilt back my head...
then with the perfect timing I thought you'd have...
kiss me
sweet
slow
passionately. 

But it never went that way. 
You came too late. 
And when you entered the castle...
the dragon smiled...
and I was no where to be found. 

No comments: