Thursday, May 14, 2009

INSOMNIA

My sleepless nights 
are of your doing.
They're the result of this unfinished business.
I wrestle with the night 
and I always find that I've lost again.
He'll always have one up on me...
always one step ahead; I'm caught 
eyes-fixed on his back blocking my vision. 
I can never win. 
Scratches on my back, 
pains in my neck, 
blood seeping through my skin...
I can't seem to understand 
how all of this has happened.
I don't understand why. 
No pillows,
no medicines, 
no blankets, 
no lullabies
will soothe me sound to a deep sleep.
Because when I wake up to the sun shining brightly through my window...
I feel like I never closed my eyes...
like my body has been working all night and I'm scared.
I fear you, dark night. 
I fear what you've been doing to me.
And what's worse, 
I fear what you will 
and CAN 
do to me. 

No comments: