Monday, May 11, 2009

ENG PROJECT-MY MADE UP POETRY STYLE

So this is a spin-off of the "Double-Voiced Poem" Style that Carl Leggo made up. 
It's still in double voice but the words are going to intertwine.
AND instead of playing with the public voice vs the personal voice, I'm going to 
play with the "euphemism-filled" voice vs the "straight-to-the-point" voice. 

It's a bring-back of my old poem: http://sheerpulchritude.blogspot.com/2008/11/our-unmade-bed.html

and a mix of the real voice within me. The "this is what I REALLY mean" voice. 

So Red will represent the words that are shared between the two voices.
And Purple will be the euphemist voice. 
And Yellow will be the THIS IS FRRLZ voice. 

                                                       Why 
do we make our beds?                              do I yearn for you?
Do we make them just to                           Do I  love you just to 
                                                       ruin                     
them?                                                            us?
Or do we ruin them just to                        Or do I ruin us when I
                                                       make                      
them?                                                            love to you?
                                Tell me which one is more
                                                     tedious. 
To just                                                            Do I 
                                                     keep 
it ruined and never make it?      ignoring you and somehow fake it?
Or to somehow keep it made and     Or do I fix this again and 
                                                      never
RUIN it?                                                 quit us?

So let's keep this bed un-made         How about we call us quits
                                        isn't that always easier?